AEP Ticketing Solutions is a market player in automated fare collection systems and related equipment for Public Transport.
The AEP Story
Based in Signa, very near to Florence, Italy, the company was established in 1998 as a spin-off of Logitron (today Gilbarco-Veeder Root), that built the first Italian eTicketing systems in Florence and Prato (Italy) in 1992. In the early years, AEP was dedicated mainly to hardware products, such as validators, on-board computers and vending machines, and quickly gained the trust of large system integrators, thanks to the products’ quality and their innovative approach.
In 2008, AEP started the development of its own software suite — ET, The Easy Ticketing — to manage all the areas of automatic fare collection. Today, ET is one of the most advanced and complete solutions in the market. In 2016, AEP acquired the “Monetica” branch of Leonardo (a large Italian company), opening a branch in Genoa and later in Milan. Today, AEP is a well-known global brand, thanks in part to its solutions built according to the London Transit model that allows the traveller to pay with EMV credit cards.
Now part of the Modaxo group, AEP continues to build its global presence for integrated solutions to help Public Transport be more effective and provide users with the best possible experience.
What We Believe
- Public Transport is the key to sustainable mobility and sustainable transport and requires continuous adaption and innovation.
- No killer application exists in the AFCS field. The best solutions are a range of all the possible solutions and technologies giving customers and users the freedom to choose.
- It is a great advantage for customers to have a comprehensive solution including software, hardware, and services from a single source.
- No system should be an island; systems must be open to integration and the integration must be easy.
- Today’s world is no longer about “purchasers” and “suppliers”, but rather partners who trust each other and win together in tackling the challenges of the market.